Tuesday, April 19, 2011

American Babies - Dance All Night

You may have noticed that I've been on a big country-ish influenced kick these days, starting with my support of Jason Isbell's latest album (just $3.99 on amazon today-go get it). The country I'd like to point you in the direction of usually involves banjos, mandolins, pedal steel and slide guitars, as well as songs suited for a front porch sing a long, and damn good song writing. I cringe when I have to use the word "country" in my posts because I'm worried that the very word will scare people away. Don't be scared! There's a lot under the radar that you can eat right up.
American Babies, a Philadelphia band, is one of those with a heavy dose of Bruce Springsteen influences. For your listening pleasure it will be streaming all week on AOL Spinner. Their label, Engine Room Recordings, is pretty cool too you can get a free sampler cd here. This is their second album and is officially released today. Have a listen, and I'll resist the urge to say "I told you so" when you buy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...