Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Anya Marina - Whatever you like (cover)

I was thinking of dedicating a whole week to great cover songs but then I came across this one and I just had to post it! Right. Now. It's that good...plus I realized one could dedicate a whole blog to great cover songs. I think covers are best when the artists take a song from one genre and adapt it to their own genre or style. Anya Marina has done just that with T.I.'s song. You might remember some of her first few songs (move you, miss halfway, clean and sober) from their appearance on Grey's Anatomy a few years back. Her new stuff continues to be great, with that same haunting voice, like in Satellite Heart. But this song, is just fantastic, I just downloaded it and its been on repeat ever since. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...