Monday, March 22, 2010

Anna Ternheim - What Have I Done?

This is my newest obsession. I just recently came across this up and coming Swede thanks to the amazing world of twitter and one very cool Swiss band, Choo Choo the Band(Thanks!). 

The first few measures in you will notice (a possible soundboard trick) the wood temple blocks being played, I absolutely love this. It sounds great turned up loud enough so you can feel the bass line and soak it in while the violins build up suspense. If right now I had to make a movie, a commercial, a soundtrack to my life, whatever...this orchestral tune would be the theme song. Yeah, its that good.  And then you get to the lyrics and Anna Ternheim's  haunting voice that legit gives me chills. 

I hope you feel the way I do
I hope you give yourself up too
I'm damned to feel the way I do
What have I done
to fall so hard
for you



It is just a stunning song, give it a few listens and you will see what I mean. If you were to build a playlist around it you could add Joshua Radin's Fear you won't fall for the parallel, yet more optimistic lyrics and Damien Rice's Volcano because he should really collaborate with Anna Ternheim, they would be great together. I have blabbered on for way too long, listen to more of her stuff on myspace and if you know whats good for you, listen to this song right this instant!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...