Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Just tidying up loose ends and more

Firstly, I would like to apologize for my two lazily and horribly written posts yesterday. That was not a cool way to start the week. I was in transit this weekend and was in no way prepared to find a Monday morning post. Sorry. But I do hope you liked the cover of "Graceland" and Quiet Company's new song. They are rather good tunes. I just didn't do them any justice by not linking to the band's websites and I did some hot linking which always makes me feel like a horrible person. I swear I will get my own media player up and running soon.

Jakob Dylan in Review...still


Secondly, I have promised all the wonderful Jakob Dylan fans a response to their many questions from my concert review, and it is on it's way, I just don't know when. To tide you over, here is a picture of Dylan with his insanely good looking guitar (my picture from the balcony w/o flash). I don't know much about guitars, I am a piano gal, but upon seeing this I was in awe, it is just so darn pretty. Someone in the crowd even called out, "I want your Gretsch!" Dylan responded with "Make me an offer." I'm sure plenty of people out there would.

Kingsley Flood, and Free Songs


In other news I also write for another website, one that is way more official and cooler than this one. And I get to interview bands. You should check out my latest interview with a Boston band, Kingsley Flood, here: http://www.teapartyboston.com/2010/05/kingsley-flood/. There are more interviews coming soon. The site does a great job detailing the eclectic Boston music scene and I am overjoyed and very thankful to be a part of it. As for Kingsley Flood, they are a cool rock and roll band and you can download three of their songs for free from their website. I love "Cul de Sac" and "Cathedral Walls". I also really like the lyrics "I hope when I grow up, I grow up" from the song "When I Grow Up". After reading the responses to my questions I liked the band even more because I really felt like I could bump into them anywhere and just chat over a beer. I like that.

The Rant that deserves its own weekend post


If I hear one more over synthed, lyrically stupid, computerized piece of crap song I am going to smash an acoustic guitar (that sits in the corner of my bedroom dying to be played by someone who isn't string challenged) over somebody's head. While I have embraced the more electronic sounds of indie music that we have now a days, and I like my fair share of them, there are some songs and certain bands that get a lot of attention for absolutely no reason. Oh wait, there is a reason. Some bloggers get sent hoardes of music on a daily basis from PR people, managers, bands themselves, and tell them to post their free song on their blog, so they do. They create a buzz and other bloggers follow suit so that they too can be some of the first to write about this new band. They think they like it for all these reasons that are indistinguishable from the reasons why they liked the last 20 songs they got for free in their inbox. I understand the competitive nature out there between music bloggers and I like it. But am I the only one who gets mind numbingly bored one minute into Surfer Blood's "Swim" or Gayng's "The Gaudy Side of Town" and seriously, by the time there were 10 remixes of any The XX song, it was too much, I don't want to hear more than one remix of a song that was already good to start with. At least most music bloggers were smart enough to agree that M.I.A.'s newest song "XXXO" is no good. There is so much to say on this topic, that many others have said before me, but I will just leave it at that for now.

Just give me a god damned song, you lunatic!


I already did, with the link to three songs from Kingsley Flood. But if you really want another song you should take note that today is Tuesday and that means new releases come out today! Yay, overwhelmed by new music yet again. But I am going to give you a song from Greg Laswell's newest album because he is all singer/songwriter style so I don't have to worry about wondering if I like the synth in any of his songs.

  

    

    

    

    

    

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...