Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Roman Candle - Oh Tall Tree in The Ear (album)

Official Site | Bandcamp
I love random finds on bandcamp, and after searching the "indie pop" tag I found this band. It didn't take long for me to realize that this was my type of band with quotable lyrics, a sense of humor as evident in their why modern radio, and that alt-folk/americana sound. A further investigation (i.e. scanning their website) of the band showed that they are a heavily reviewed and widely liked band by paste magazine, my old kentucky blog, billboard underground, they even have a daytrotter session under their belts. They are a band on the rise and I look forward to hearing more from this band, I don't know how I ever missed them when they started getting attention in 2009. Part of their sound makes me think of 90s music and that sound that I miss so much on the radio these days. I am so happy that people continue to make music like this/ Below is their bandcamp link because I really couldn't choose just one song. Heartbeat is a fun upbeat one, the previously mentioned modern radio is fun, Eden was a garden is a great one to start with. I just like it all. Find your own favorite.
<a href="http://records.romancandlemusic.com/album/oh-tall-tree-in-the-ear">EDEN WAS A GARDEN by Roman Candle</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...