Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Good Lovelies - Baby, I Got My Way

Official | Myspace |
Have I really not written about the Good Lovelies yet? How can this be? I have been listening to and loving this band for nearly a month now, and I guess I forgot to share them with you. They are three Canadian chicks all "refugees from their solo careers" who got together in this band and have since gone on to win a New Emerging Artist award in 2009 at the Canadian Folk Music Awards, and more recently a Juno Award for Best Roots Album of the Year. So yeah, they are good, talented, and going places. Hopefully those places include a tour of the U.S.

They are a folky trio who harmonize incredibly well and are full of catchy tunes that make you want to sing a long. Plus they have the banjo going for them. Whiskey is my favorite song of theirs but I am waiting to get permission to post the mp3 link. For now there is this:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...