Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Diego Garcia - You Were Never There

Diego Garcia's album, Laura, is an entire break-up album inflected with spanish guitar is a painful beauty that you can't turn away from. It takes you through all the stages of a break up in such detail that the listener can envision the story and Diego Garcia's heartbreak from start to finish with an intense clarity. Don't worry though, there is a secret happy ending if you, like me, decide to google him and find out that he is currently married to this "Laura", the same one that provided the emotional material for these songs. The promo song is not my most favorite from the album, which if you give it a listen, bodes very well for the rest of the album. "Roses & Wine" and "Stay" are my favorites. The last time I played an album on repeat like this was the January of the Shakey Graves discovery. Feel free to hold me to this, Diego Garcia will be on my end of year listBuy This!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...