Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Allo Darlin' - Wu Tang Clan

Allo Darlin' has completely stolen my heart, maybe it's because their detailed lyrics seem to draw some awkward outline of my own experiences. I played the absolute bejesus out of their 2010 self titled LP  this past summer. When they released their 7" in August I bought it as soon as possible and it's fair to say that they've become one of those bands whose releases I will always buy without hesitation. You can stream and buy these songs on bandcamp. While I'd love to tell you how these songs have been soundtracking my careless red wine fueled dance sessions for months, I think what the band wrote makes much more sense.

 Allo Darlin' - Darren
 Allo Darlin' - "Wu Tang Clan"

"In the spirit of "Henry Rollins Don't Dance", the band wanted to release something special on vinyl. This record is not being promoted anywhere and will only be available via our website or at our shows. Side A is a song called "Darren". It's about listening to records when you're embarking on a new romance. Side B is a song called "Wu Tang Clan". It was written by Darren Hayman and John Morrison when they were known as The French. This song is also about listening to records. This record is officially sanctioned by Darren Hayman. Of course."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...