Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Wooden Sky - City of Light/Dancing at My Window

The first thing I do when I return from work to my pitch black apartment, sometimes even before turning on lights, is I plug in my ipod to the good speakers. Recently, my end-of-the-day song has been The Wooden Sky's "City of Light" and it's usually being played on repeat until I feel appropriately decompressed from the day's stress. When I listen I feel like I'm finally breathing for the first time all day. This song is like a warm bath, when you get in to it you melt away. I honestly don't know how I lived without it. I'd be lying too if I told you that this ritual doesn't usually involve a glass of wine and swaying to the music while looking out the window toward the city. It's perfection.



"Soon I was lost, caught up in the light
And if I felt empty at least I was tired 
oh city of light"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...