Monday, January 30, 2012

John Statz - Old Old Fashioned (Frighted Rabbits Cover)

John Statz worked magic into "Old Old Fashioned" from Frightened Rabbit's 2008 album The Midnight Organ Fight and quite possibly made it better than the original. I cringe when saying that, but I think you might agree too. It's gone from that a hasty upbeat song to a slower and more delicate tune fit for actually waltzing across the carpet like the song suggests doing. I would curl up in this song, and pull a cozy blanket over us after I was done waltzing with it, if I could. Both versions have something very different but equally heart warming to offer. Go to John Statz's bandcamp page to stream the album (if you like folk you'll be very happy with this album) and get the first track, "Distance" for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...