Friday, September 13, 2013

That'll do for now

via Exploding Dog
This is not goodbye, more just stating that I don't know what to do with this space. I always come back to music so I still think it could continue like the good old days of seven posts a week. On the other hand, sitting still at a computer to put sentences together for an unknown audience has become increasingly uninteresting and cumbersome. I wish it was easier, and I wish I didn't feel guilty about throwing up a song without words and proper linkage. I've found some new hobbies, friends, and made new plans that keep me busy and away from computers. My life has been going in a million different directions and it's a good thing. But some days I wish I still had this cozy little internet home, I miss the songs, and I miss the connections. I miss you, whoever you are that reads this.

I haven't listened to much new stuff this year nor have I even attempted to keep up with new releases, but here is what held my attention at one point or another:

  • Typhoon -White Lighter
  • Neko Case - The Worse Things Get, The Harder I Fight...
  • The National - Trouble Will Find Me
  • Hey Marseilles - Lines We Trace
  • Phosphorescent - Muchacho
  • J. Roddy Walston & The Business
  • Camera Obscura - Desire Lines
  • Born Ruffians - Birthmarks
  • Pickwick - Can't Talk Medicine
  • Shout Out Louds - Optica
  • Rhye - Woman 
  • Josh Ritter - The Beast in its Tracks
  • Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

I hope that'll do for now. I'll be back someday. Maybe even soon with a mix tape.

Miss you,
-J

P.S. I like this song. I hear it on the radio sometimes and sing along.

2 comments:

  1. Please do not give up this blog altogether! I go on it every couple days hoping you posted something new, and I have a few friends that exact same thing… You probably have a lot more people checking your blog then you even think! That said, I wish you good luck with whatever you're doing you're going to do, and with whatever you have going on in your life now.
    Please don't give up the blog altogether.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, Thanks for the very kind comment, it made my day. There'll be a post coming soon and I'll probably stick to posting mixes sporadically. Thanks for checking in.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...