Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I Hope I Don't Fall In Love With You

I'm starting to work on the Valentine's Day CD. This song will be on the 2010 version. The link is to Hootie's version (and you can say all you want about Hootie and The Blowfish as a band, and I'll probably go along with you, but Darius Rucker does have an amazing voice.) I've also heard a beautiful version by Natalie Merchant (10,000 Maniacs, technically). The original is Tom Waits, and it's one of my favorites. I love his raspy voice singing ballads. "Picture In A Frame" is a great song, and Pete Francis covered it when he played at GDA. "San Diego Seranade" rounds our my top 3. "Warm Beer, Cold Women", "Time", "Jersey Girl" are worth listening to as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...