Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Ryan Montbleau Band - 75 and Sunny

A truly fantastic song from the Ryan Montbleau Band. These guys are coming to the Paradise in Boston on December 5th. I picked this just for the lyrics:


"I’d had a bad night.  I mean a night so bad, I thought I was king of the world. And I drank ‘til daylight.  I mean I never stopped once until my hands finally fell.  And I fought my daytime self with a mighty dose of, “Hey, look at night time me!”  And I never do win that battle, but I fight it over and over and over and over, it seems.

And I saw an old man smiling on a park bench feeding the pigeons.  And my head was spinning, and as my young body ached I wished for an old man’s vision.  And I watched the way he moved--slow, serene and lucky to be alive.  And I thought to myself, “I’m never gonna make it that far with too many more nights like last night.” This band is really fun and for a different kind of beat from them check out "The Boat Song" and "Already There".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...