Monday, December 28, 2009

The Big Pink - Velvet

I'm backkkkk....I hope everyone had a great Christmas and enjoyed some time off. I was getting tired of posting songs that involved girls and guitars so I decided to go in a different direction. This London band keeps on popping up on playlist on itunes that I have been looking at and I downloaded it a while ago but I never really gave it a chance. I finally listened to it a few times and decided I liked their sound. They play around distorted noise and melodic nuances which sounds unappealing, right? Well, it is actually not all that dissimilar from a less peaceful Moby and also similar to the Pixies (with an all time favorite song "Where is my mind?" which has been covered a billion times and is worth looking into ) crossed with Placebo. Check them out they are kinda fun and I am sure you will hear about them in the future I think they have one of those sneaky cult followings. Definitely check out their other hit song Dominos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...