Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek

So I know this is a bit more mainstream than the rest of our blog, but I thought this was interesting...

Jason Derulo's song, "Whatcha Say" has taken off on the charts and is a very popular song on the radio/in bars/in Katie's brother's dorm room. He has surround sound and loves to blast the beginning part of this song at the beginning because it does a fun speaker-hopping thing. (No, speaker-hopping isn't a technical term - I just invented it.) : )

I like to listen to music on Friday mornings as I'm opening the bar at 9 in the morning after a late Thursday night shift. My co-worker Chris is a big fan of music too, so music makes it easier to shake off our sleepy faces and get back to work. He told me that Jason Derulo's song was inspired by Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek" (formerly known as Frou Frou and known for the Garden State track "Let Go"). Maybe this was common knowledge? But I investigated and found this link.

"Let Go" is still one of my favorite songs, even though Garden State is definitely not one of my favorite movies...so here's the video. (Embedding issues.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...