Thursday, December 10, 2009

Kate Earl - Melody, All I want

I have to give you these two songs. Melody is here because its about loving music "I know that I am never alone/ And I know that my heart is my home/ Every missing piece of me I can find in a melody/". All I ever wanted is here because I woke up with it stuck in my head even though I haven't listened to it in a few weeks. It is so strange how that can happen. While both songs can be a little heavy on the jingling bells (it is holiday season after all) Kate Earl has no shortage of excellent songs to choose from like officer and someone to love.

Kate Earl was raised by her Phillipino mother and Dutch/Welsh father in Alaska of all places and eventually was able to use her music as a means to move somewhere else. On her website she says the following and I couldn't possibly agree more:
"I love it when a song comes on the radio and everyone knows the words. It’s the greatest sensation to completely fall into a moment in time, to be swept up, taken under the spell of a lyric a rhyme a melody. When songs evoke the response of turning them up and singing along, it’s magic." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...