Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Basia Bulat - Heart of my own

I came across the Canadian, Basia Bulat one year when I was looking at the line up for SXSW and really liked her. At the time the only songs itunes had available were "In the Night" and "Snakes and Ladders" which I both really like. But now she has a new album out called, A heart of my own, and I really really like it. She has an interesting voice and uses a lot of strings and keyboards so she doesn't come off as another chick with a guitar. Her sound is very unique. Her song, Before I Knew, was in a Subaru commercial which you might recognize and I almost posted it because I am a sucker for hand claps in songs. But here is live version of "Heart of my own" found on her new album. (This is one of those ones that you might want to check out on itunes to see what her cd version sounds like, also check out her website for clips of her songs).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...