Monday, January 11, 2010

Emmy the Great - Dylan

Just because I don't know how well the last link worked out I will post one more for today. I am posting this because I just keep coming back to it. It is one of those songs that comes on my ipod and I say to myself "Who is this? And why do I not know it yet?" I have done that countless times over the past three months with this song. I don't know what it is about it but it just catches my ear like that. Maybe its the violins, or maybe its the snarky lyrics "and all the things to talk about that I could say to you, like reading an Italian book from the 13th century, is not that hard to do." Whatever it is, I like it.

Emmy the Great is a UK band with a few other good tunes like "Edward is Dedward" (which you should listen to just because the title is so fantastic), Canopies and Drapes, and their cover of Where is my Mind? is really something fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...