Thursday, January 7, 2010

Oren Lavie - Her Morning Elegance

All I know is; Oren is personally invited to my bedroom to sing me to sleep every night. I first loved this song because of the video which has actually been nominated for some awards. Then I listened to it a few more times and it just sunk in. I love it. It is unique, creative, and Oren Lavie, an Israeli, has a most dreamy rich voice. He might remind you a little of Josh Rouse and Jose Gonzalez. I am really bad at making comparisons like that but I don't think I am that far off. He has great relaxing music I could listen to the album all day long. The last thing I fell in love with (which is usually the first thing I notice, weird) were his lyrics which he also won an award for. But I love:
"Soon she's down the stairs
Her morning elegance she wears
The sound of water makes her
dream
Awoken by a cloud of steam
She pours a daydream in a cup
A spoon of sugar sweetens it up"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...