Monday, February 1, 2010

Blue Dogs - I'd Give Anything

This is a long time favorite, right in there with Perfect by Doria Roberts, and Anthem by Stephen Kellogg. It was on the first ever Valentines Day CD. I can't tell you how much I love these guys. I'll start with the fact that they sing a song all about the wonders of homegrown tomatoes (it's easy to find its called homegrown tomatoes). Their first album came out on cassette (what the hell is that?) although it was 1991 so I guess that makes sense. They are from Charlestown, South Carolina. They have been doing this for 20 years. The reasons to love them go on and on. But I guess I really like their lyrics which is why I am going to have to give you one of their newer (from 1999) songs as well, Carry Your Heart. Check them out here and listen to lots of their songs on their myspace.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...