Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mac Leaphart - Ooh La La (Cover)

Originally there was this band called "Exit 199" who played throughout the southeast, mainly at college campuses. They changed their name to "Five Way Friday" produced songs with a bluegrassy/country type of sound that sounded a lot like Hootie and the Blowfish or a lot of other 90s bands (probably because that was when this band was in its peak). Their lead singer, Mac Leaphart, decided to do his own thing. Their myspace page is actually still up and running because they basically get together for charity events, etc. I wouldn't say they're a new favorite band of mine, but it definitely reminds me of that era of music, which I loved....Deep Blue Something, Rusted Root, The Cranberries!?! Who didn't love those groups! I wish I had known about these guys then.

As for Mac Leaphart, I realllllly like his voice. He did a remake of Ronnie Lane's "Ooh La La" that turned out pretty awesome. Leaphart is also still touring, mainly in the Carolinas, as a cover artist. He released an album in 2008 and "Confederate Roses" is his most well-known single of it that I was going to post, but I'm tired and it's a slow country song that's making me sad. . . so you'll just have to enjoy his voice and not his own song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...