Thursday, February 25, 2010

Shout Out Louds - Fall Hard

February has been epic in album releases that I am crazy about. I was/still am obsessed with this Swedish band's 2007 album "Our Ill Wills", one that I have highly recommended to people hundreds of times (maybe because it was all about travel?) I heart Normandie. Obviously I was really excited for this new album, "Work" that came out on Tuesday. As I have been writing this, I have changed my song choice four times already. Their music is always upbeat, great fun to drive along to, and just kind of gets me going. This album is different from their last in that its simpler and focuses on the guitar and strong drumming and leaves out any fancy schmancy studio tricks, resulting in a well produced album with 10 solid tracks. I have only had a chance to listen to it briefly but the standouts for me are: Walls, Show Me Something New, and Throwing Stones. They are also incredibly awesome because you can download "Wall" for FREE on their website!  While you are on their website also check out the local Cambridge band, Passion Pit's remix of Fall Hard. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...