Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Elvis Perkins in Dearland - Shampoo

This song has been playing a lot on WERS, a college radio station, and every time I hear it I have to go check and see who it is. It is not very often that I find myself double and triple checking artists of songs, the last time this happened was when Laura Marling kept popping up on my ipod during a large downloading spree and I had to keep checking who sang that "it's not like I believe in everlasting love" song. So take it as a sign that this is a good song that will catch your attention.
Elvis Perkins is surprisingly his real name and he has a kind of Bob Dylan feel especially when you see his solo performances. I really like their unique style and they always seem to be adding more and more instruments even though there are only four of them in the band, the musical talent just doesn't stop. Once you get past the wonder of their multi-instrument arrangements you will notice that his emotional warbling voice compliments his alternative/contemporary folk songs perfectly. I recommend Doomsday (has a great trumpet), Hey, 123 Goodbye, and Chains, Chains, Chains...in fact, the entire self-titled album is worth checking out. You can listen to more on his myspace. I am excited to hear more from this quartet, they are rumored to be an amazing live show. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...