Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Allo, Darlin' - Dear Stephen Hawking

OFFICIALMYSPACEITUNES



This band quickly became my new favorite, just yesterday, despite all the amazing new releases. Their songs are cheerful, goofy, and easy going. They sound similar to Camera Obscura both lyrically and musically, which explains why I like them so much. Their debut album was released in the UK this spring but is not yet available in the US. They also played at SXSW this year. Hopefully they will be coming back to the U.S. soon. I have enjoyed all of their songs with their honest lyrics and fun catchy melodies. I was especially intrigued by "Dear Stephen Hawking".

Let me tell you, Stephen Hawking's love life has never been so interesting. I really hope he has heard this song because that would just make my day. I can't even begin to imagine what listening to this song would be like for him without laughing out loud. Seriously, just take a second to imagine that. Below are some songs for your sampling pleasure, click to play. Enjoy.


(Side note: I have finally put an end to my hot linking songs. yay me. This is the best format I have for right now. Eventually I will incorporate a real media player so I ask that you just bear with this format for now instead. Thanks. Links will only be available for one week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...