Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Overwhelmed by New Music Tuesday (New Releases)

After a few semi-slow weeks of album releases, this tuesday is about to make up for it all. I wanted to share what a tuesday full of music for me looks like. This list took a long time because, yes, I did personally zing through ALL most of these releases. Some I spent more time with than others.

To make things easier for you, dear reader, I wanted to loosely throw out some genres in case you were searching for something in particular. I apologize in advance for incorrectly labeling anything, I hate using genres so I had to take some shots in the dark, hence all the "?". All of the links are from LargeHeartedBoy's super large list that gets published every week. The titles of the releases include a link to amazon where you can listen to/buy the album or songs (usually cheaper than on itunes). Good luck sorting through it all, I hope my narrowed down list helps you out on your musical adventures.

* denotes the fact that you absolutely should check out these bands and their kick-ass new tunes only because Jessica is really enjoying them at the moment.



Important Note: I got distracted halfway through the list. There really was too much good music yesterday. Yes, there really is such a thing. I am more than slightly embarrassed to post a partially completed list, but if I wait one more day it will be irrelevant. Maybe you can try doing your own research.


Listen: Fed Up, The Mistake
Listen: Bright Lit Blue Skies, Revolution's a lie
*Blitzen Trapper: Destroyer of the Void (vinyl) (indie rock at its finest)
Listen: all the songs are great!!!!
Listen: Zol! 

*Cadillac Sky: Letters in the Deep (bluegrassy-ish singer/songwriter)
Listen: Ballad of Restored confidence, Hangman, trapped under the ice

*Christina Aguilera: Bionic (CD with bonus tracks) (vinyl) (dirty pop)
ummm its the return of xtina...just check it out before the radio kills it
"sex for breakfast" is a yummy tune.

Listen: Delorean Remix (so good!!!)

Listen: When she comes home, twenty miles, the sad sun

*Delta Spirit: History From Below (vinyl) (alt)
fantastic full album!

Listen: two sisters in love, look inside, carry me home 
Pleasantly surprised with this debut album
The Drums: The Drums (indie rock/ garage rock?)
Listen: Forever and Ever Amen, let's go surfing

*Grace Potter and the Nocturnals: Grace Potter and the Nocturnals (pop rock)
Really fantastic summer album...check it out.

Hanson: Shout It Out
yes, this is who you think it is. Kind of an awesome comeback with trumpets. 

The Henry Clay People: Somewhere on the Golden Coast (vinyl) (rock)
Listen: Slow Burn, Saturday night, your famous friends

Listen: Collector, Old World United,

Hot Hot Heat: Future Breeds (vinyl) (don't even know)
Interesting album as a whole, I need more time with this one

Listen: Summer home in your arms (my new fav)
Pretty good album from her.

Listen: Around you, Carroll street station, ready to go
Their last album, March Forth, was better 
Listen to: Pandemonium


*Ratatat: LP4 (vinyl)



*Rooney: Eureka (vinyl)
Listen: I Can't Get Enough
Same old Rooney, just poppier.



*Suckers: Wild Smile
So hot right now. 
Tender Trap: Do You Want a Boyfriend? (vinyl)

*Tokyo Police Club: Champ
Good release, interesting band full of new experiments.
*Various Artists: The Twilight Saga: Eclipse Soundtrack (deluxe edition with bonus tracks and poster)
Weird fad. Will never see or read this series but the music is consistently good. Don't judge.



*Various Artists: Twistable Turnable Man: A Musical Tribute to Shel Silverstein
So awesome if you grew up with his poems. Andrew Bird is my favorite.



Viernes: Sinister Devices

*Villagers: Becoming a Jackal (2-LP vinyl)



A Weather: Everyday Balloons (vinyl)


What Laura Says: Bloom Cheek


Wild Moccasins: Skin Collision Past


Wye Oak: My Neighbor / My Creator
Not as good as I had hoped.



*Yo La Tengo: Here To Fall Remixes EP (vinyl)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...