Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Borrowing from Blogs [The Pursuit of Folk]

      The Pursuit of Folk blog based out of Eugene, Oregon was started in the beginning of this year. It should come as no surprise to you that I am an avid folk fan and I am always looking for a good blog with new songs to discover. I was overjoyed to come across this one with such dedication to the folk genre. This blog highlights a variety of folk singers, new and old, and opened my eyes to the many folk artists waiting to be discovered. I also like the style and ease with which it is written, always a pleasure to read.

      Also, Dylan, the man behind the blog, is in the process of creating a new music blog that will include other genres beyond folk. It can be difficult to stick to one genre when there is so much good music out there. So stay tuned for something new and exciting, I'm looking forward to it. For now, here is a petite sampling of songs that I have enjoyed thanks to The Pursuit of Folk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...