Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dan Mangan - Road Regrets

I have been patiently hoping, since I first came across him in April, that I would be lucky enough to see a Dan Mangan concert without having to make a visit to Canada. Not that I would mind going to Canada, but for a concert that is a little extreme. So often these awesome Canadian bands bounce around that huge northern country for years, building up a loyal fan base, and then when they are ready to tour the U.S. they are too popular for me to afford a ticket or they completely skip over Boston. (I really wish The Arkells, The Zolas, and Good Lovelies came here). But lucky for me, I have secured a ticket for tonight's concert in advance (I never do that) and I will be seeing Dan Mangan who is opening for the Wooden Birds at Great Scott. I know almost nothing about The Wooden Birds except that Matt Pond of Matt Pond PA is a part of the band, which makes tonight like a dream come true.
        In the meantime, you can expect some concert tweeting from me, and you can watch this video which I have been enjoying. And listen to one of my favorites, "The Indie Queens are Waiting" Above. Check out more from Dan Mangan and The Wooden Birds via the links.
Dan Mangan - Road Regrets from Arts & Crafts on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...