Monday, August 2, 2010

Maps & Atlases - Pigeon

Official | Myspace | Buy it

Well hello there, August. Thanks for sneaking up on me, almost didn't see you coming. I can't believe how fast the summer is slipping away. I've been filling my ears up with all the summer sounds I can get, whether it is the sound of ocean waves, crickets at night, or something from the wide array of summer songs that have been bestowed on us this year. I really can't get enough of it. One such song is from Maps & Atlases.  I love waiting 1:17 for the instruments other than the guitar and drums to make their debut in this song, I get so excited just waiting for it. It is such a happy toe-tapping tune, it is hard not to love upon first listen. They are currently touring in support of their new album, Perch Patchwork, and I will be seeing them play with The Cults at the Middle East on August 11th. Definitely a tour worth checking out. Click the link below to play.


Listen to their single from Perch Patchwork, "Solid Ground" here (link also gives credit to the photo used).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...