Monday, September 20, 2010

Listen Local: Kingsley Flood

      Kingsley Flood is emerging as the local favorite and it has been exciting to watch. I interviewed Kingsley Flood back in May, and since then they have only gotten bigger, Boston immediately decided to take ownership of this band, which was a smart decision.
      I have been able to see them play a few times and they put on a great show. What I like most about them is the enthusiastic melding of city and country roots, americana and rock, and their ability to make those dualities come together so flawlessly. Not to mention they are all really gifted musicians, their sound is unique and carefully crafted. Their debut album is impressive and one that I thoroughly enjoy from start to finish. They won Best Roots Act for the Boston Phoenix Music Poll and I'm sure they will continue to win a few more awards as time goes on. Get ready for Kingsley Flood, you're going to love them. Here are two of my favorite songs. Be careful though, "Cathedral Walls" is will be stuck in your head in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...