Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lost in the Trees - Walk Around the Lake

Official | Myspace | Tumblr


I was a little skeptical of this song at first, but it does start out with the saw so it has to be good, right? Yes, I am right. The saw is always an indicator of awesomeness. I wasn't expecting a band named Lost in the Trees to hit you in the face with intensely haunting violins in the first few seconds of listening. But then the vocals sound an awful lot like Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie and you get lulled into the song just long enough to be surprised all over again when the intense violins come back. It is a really beautiful orchestration which is what prompted me to find out more about the band. What I found out, I really liked. The orchestral stylings of this band are the real deal and based on a really awesome concept. Read about the Project Symphony here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...