Monday, November 22, 2010

Viva Viva, a must-see local band

As a small music blogger, I spend a good chunk of time reaching out to bands when most bloggers have it the other way around. But I kind of like that I am in control, and need to actively search for bands to feature on the blog.

Unfortunately, I keep forgetting to send an e-mail to local rock stars, Viva Viva. Part of the problem is after some drinks one night, I wrote a draft letter to them that started with "I basically want to promote the shit out of you." and I haven't been able to take myself seriously since. But now Viva Viva is playing a show tonight at the Middlesex Lounge in Cambridge and I still want to "promote the shit out of them" even though we haven't talked yet.

Everything I have heard about this band is phenomenal and I've heard that their live show is something I have to see. The last time they played at the Middle East Upstairs, they managed to rock out until 2am. Something rather unheard of in Boston. So I started listening to their music on bandcamp and I absolutely love their debut album. People outside of Boston need to hear about this band. They have a great sound, I'm not even going to try and describe it, just take a listen. That is all I ask. Hopefully a live review will be on its way. Here is one of my favorite songs from their album, "Dial Tone".


Stream the entire album on their Bandcamp page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...