Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Corinne Bailey Rae - The Love E.P.

I seriously need to start a feature based on these types of songs called something like "pantie dancers" eww...or "dancin' in your underoos" or "no pants dance"....good brainstorming sesh, I think that's settled then.You know those songs that you just want to blast at max volume in the morning to put you in a good mood while you shake it in front of the mirror? Songs that fit the No Pants Dance bill can range from super cheesy to just completely amazing blow your mind jams. After a bad day at work I've been known to do a no pants dance with a glass of whiskey in my hand, the roommates love coming home to that one. But whatever floats your boat, just know that a No Pants Dance has the power to turn your day around (as most pantsless activies can). It is very much inspired by this clip of Cameron Diaz's no pants dance in Charlie's Angels. 
So getting to the point and song at hand...Corinne Bailey Rae released a precious little E.P., "The Love E.P." this week, and this jam/cover of Prince's "I Wanna Be Your Lover" is totally worthy of a no pants dance. This is not the first time a Corinne Bailey Rae song has inspired a no pants dance either, her breakout hit "Put Your Records On" was a HUGE no pants dance song for months for me. I am also a big fan of her cover of "Is this love?" by Bob Marley, also on the new EP.
After the jump check out some previous No Pants Dance songs from the past.



Sherman Downey - Soulsweeping
Breakbot ft. Irfane - Baby I'm Yours
Sia - Any of her upbeat songs
The Knocks - Something I Can Dance to
Cee-Lo - F*** You
Oh Land - Son of a Gun
Marina & The Diamonds - I am not a robot (Clock Opera remix)
Fitz & The Tantrums - Entire Pickin' Up The Pieces album
Eli "Paperboy" Reed - Come & Get it

What are your No Pants Dance songs? I wanna know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...