Thursday, March 24, 2011

Plumerai - Spinning Landscapes [Listen Local]

One of my favorite ways to discover new music is to go to a concert venue website and start clicking on the acts I don't know. That's how I landed at Plumerai who also happens to be a local band that formed in 2004.  The song "Spinning Landscapes" is a dizzying number amplified by the emotive violin that contrasts nicely with the rest of the rock band. Meanwhile, lead singer Elizabeth Ezell's sultry vocals--similar to those of Wye Oak's Jenn Wasner-- guide you through the vertigo on this track. When she sings "all I see before me are spinning landscapes" the instrumentation paints the picture for you, it's perfectly executed.
The rest of their 2011 release, Your Guilty Palbum can be streamed/downloaded at bandcamp and makes for a great dark and moody listen. I suggest "Strike", "Empty Graves", and the instrumental "When I Come Around" for starters. It was such a pleasant surprise to find this band by accident that I think I'll have to go see them play at T.T. the Bear's in Cambridge, Wednesday the 30th. If you're around you should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...