Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Folly & The Hunter - Folly

Folly & The Hunter hail from Montreal where they actually share a studio space with The Barr Brothers whom I posted about last week. Folly & the Hunter's debut album, Residents, fits right in a  little niche with bands like Little Scream, Seryn, and Frontier Ruckus to name a few. I crave this type of music on a regular, nearly daily, basis, so I've been overjoyed to have this new one in my rotation.

The music is the kind that can make you walk clear across town, lost in the music and your thoughts, without ever realizing how far you've walked until the music stops. The harmonizing voices act as another instrument in the line up, filling in the empty spaces with far away and drifting ahhs and oohs. You can stream three songs and buy the album on bandcamp. It's no secret that I'm a sucker for handclaps, so low and behold I'd like to present to you one of my favorite songs from the album, complete with banjo, beautiful harmonies, and of course hand claps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...