Tuesday, April 5, 2011

River - Black Sheep

I specifically remember listening to this song on my discman curled up on a chair and passing the headphones over to my friend telling her, "I'm going to marry someone with this voice." That was ten years ago. I've loved this song for so long, the voices, the saxophone, and the strange notion of having diamonds in your hair. The song was featured on a 1997 Aware Compilation, a record distributor and artist management company out of Chicago. The band is ungoogleable and thus they sit in my itunes like a little mystery. I'd love to know who the people behind the moniker are, and if they are still playing music now. If anyone has any information, please let me know. Otherwise enjoy this song.
"She was so all alone and she asked me please to care, it's not every day you hear a lady who says she has diamonds in her hair."

2 comments:

  1. Looked for this song for 16 years. Thanks for bringing it back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks for this. So many good memories attached to this song.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...