Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Shakey Graves

The Shakey Graves Kickstarter campaign to fund a new album is going well, having reached the $2,000 mark. There is just 21 more days and $800 more to go. Every little bit helps. In case you don't already know, I fell really hard for the album Roll the Bones, especially during the winter months when it was the first thing I listened to every morning and on quite a few days it was the only thing I listened to. 
Most recently Shakey Graves got to play in Austin when the Railroad Revival Tour with Edward Sharpe, Mumford & Sons, and Old Crow Medicine Crew came through. He's been exciting to watch and it won't be long before you're hearing more about him. He is currently playing some LA shows and is even slated to play a secret Aquarium Drunkard show. Every few months I like to check up on his progress and I always find new bits of information. This time I found out he sings on some songs with an L.A. favorite, Jenny O, for some other bands:
He's My Brother, She's My Sister is an L.A. based band of brother/sister Rachel and Rob Kolar. I believe last night Shakey Graves played at their concert too. From what I've heard I really like the band and it doesn't hurt that Shakey Graves has some connection to them. Check out their bandcamp page for their newest single, "Escape Tonight". 
Rob Kolar has another band called Lemon Sun where Jenny O. and Shakey Graves also contribute their vocals. The bottom line here is donate to the kickstarter campaign I know we're going to love what comes of it. Read more words and find more songs from people that love Shakey Graves at Folk Hive or this fantastic interview with Shakey Graves from Draw Us Lines

1 comment:

  1. Dude, YES! I've been listening to He's My Brother... for weeks now. Come to think of it, I probably started doing so on Ali's rec.

    Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...