Monday, May 23, 2011

Boston Concert Roundup 5/23 - 5/29

Last week I wasn't feeling so great and more than anything I was concert-ed out. As a result I missed some big ones like Tune-Yards, Fleet Foxes, and Lykke Li, but at least my wallet is happier. Now that I haven't seen a concert in 10 days, I feel ready to get back out there. This week provides some good ones and Wednesday is full of tough choices and amazing talent. There'll be some good weekend concerts too in case standing in back yards at memorial day barbeques becomes redundant or too rainy. Specific venue information and links can be found on the Boston links tab.




Monday 5/23
Stay in tonight. Get ready for the week ahead.

Tuesday 5/24 
Chris Thile & Michael Daves @ Brighton Music Hall
Chris Thile & Michael Daves - My Little Tennessee Girl (cover)
Major Lazer @ Middle East downstairs
Allison Weiss @ Middle East Upstairs

Wednesday 5/25 I genuinely want to see each and every one of these bands at some point.
Hey Rosetta! w/ Old Abram Brown@ Great Scott
Hey Rosetta! - Yer Spring
Austra w/ Trust @ Brighton Music Hall
Austra - Lose It
Cloud Cult with Wilderness of Manitoba @ Paradise
Wilderness of Manitoba - Orono Park
Diego Garcia @ Cafe 939
The Booze @ O'Briens Pub
The Booze - Down On Your Luck
Coyote Kolb @ Precinct

Thursday 5/26 
Times New Viking w/ The Babies @ Great Scott
Times New Viking - Fuck Her Tears

Friday 5/27
Friendly Fires w/ Wise Blood @ Paradise
Friendly Fires - Blue Cassette

Saturday 5/28
Stornoway w/ Sea of Bees @ Brighton Music Hall
Stornoway - On the Rocks I saw them a few months ago and this song was amazing live
Sea of Bees - Wizbot
Man Man @ Paradise their live shows are supposed to be a whole other level of insanity
Mean Creek, Hands & Knees, and more @ Great Scott local show full of awesomeness

Sunday 5/29
I got nothing. Enjoy your weekend. Be Safe. Wear seatbelts when applicable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...