Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Beer Tasting Across Town. Playlist needed.

So it's Boston Beer Week in which the breweries that are descending on our fine city for the ultimate beer event, the American Craft Beer Fest (ACBF), do many promotions, tap take overs, beer dinners, meet & greets with brewers and the such all over the city. I am overwhelmingly excited and will talk about it to anyone and everyone. Luckily for you, there is always room for music when it comes to beer. Tonight I have mapped out some of the places I want to be and it requires some walks, bus rides, and subway rides to get to my destinations. Obviously these every day modes of transportation need an extra special playlist. Here it goes...

Point A: Boston Wine Exchange 5-7pm Beer tasting
Breweries represented: Cisco, Haverhill Brewing, Cody Brewing, and Brooklyn Brewing Co
4 awesome breweries to kick off the night starting right after work which means I'll be exploding with excitement that I've been harnessing all day. I'll be speed walking through the financial district to get there promptly at five and people better not get in my way. I'll need to start off with these songs and remember to breathe.
Caribou - Sun (Pyramid Remix)
Sun Airway - Your Moon (BRAHMS Remix)

A few tasty beers and hello's and I'll be off to the crowded red line at rush hour for two stops to get me to  point B, which is a very important one. Getting there in a timely fashion means a Widmer beer and taco for $3.99 and a chance to say hi to Rob Widmer and brewer Will Pardon. This is a promoted event for all the ACBF volunteers to attend so it will be crowed with familiar and friendly faces and a chance to chat with the biggest beer geeks around. A little bit like heaven. But getting there could be slightly stress inducing, hence the queueing of something that I can play loud enough to distract me from the slow commute.
XV - That's Just Me

Point B: Green Street - Todd's Taco Night Takeover with Widmer Brewery 5-7
I rarely get Widmer on the East Coast let alone on tap so it's a real treat. When I lived in Denver their hefe and Drop Top Amber Ale were my go to sessions beers. I miss them dearly. But I will be excited to try the Pitch Black IPA and the rare Nelson O'Ryely a 6% Rye IPA brewed with Nelson Sauvin from New Zealand. Yes please.

The walk from B to C looks short on a map but it's not in real life. I'll probably get blisters even while wearing comfy shoes on my way to Inman Square. Good music will help distract me.
Chatham County Line - Crop Comes In
Kingsley Flood - I Don't Wanna Go Home

Point C: Bukowski's Tavern - Troegs Tap Takeover 7-9pm
There will be a mystery cask (yum), specialty barrels, and free glassware. I'm in. Over the past few months, starting with my Christmas obsession with Mad Elf, Troegs has slowly worked it's way up to becoming one of my favorite east coast breweries. Delicious stuff.

Vera Hall - I Been Drinkin'
After 3 stops and who knows how many beers, a reminder to never be daunted will help me rally for the later half of the night.
Jaymay - Never Be Daunted

Point D: Cambridge Common Massachusetts Tap Takeover 8-10
The Bruins game will be on the projector so it's perfect to drink some Massachusetts brews while seated right next to the brewers while rooting for the home team. Hell yeah! I absolutely adore this place and think it will be mighty difficult to stay on schedule after this one. "A word for the weary: keep moving those feet."
The Great American Canyon Band - A Song For the Rest

There's a lengthy T ride back to the other side of town. Anything will do. But this will keep awake and ready for more.
StartYourOwnRebellion - Live Like an Outlaw

Point E: Stoddards Pub Widmer Brother's Tap Takeover
Yeah, this would be a repeat but I hear Massachusetts Girl's Point Out will be representing making it worthy of a pop in to say hello on the way to the depths of Southie.


Point F: Local 149 - Dogfish Head tap take over -- get Randall'd 8-10pm
Randall will be taking on Palo Santo, pulling the dark, roasty goodness through roasted Pablano peppers! Hellhound and Black & Blue will also be on tap. I can only hope I make it to this. It's a new place way down in Southie and I have yet to check it out. Tonight sounds like the perfect opportunity.

There is one song that will be perfect whenever I drag my liquid filled body home.
David Vandervelde - Beer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...