Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Holger - Let 'em Shine Below

Before we get hit in the face with the haze of summer and the hazy sounds that come with it, do yourself a favor and buy this haze-free, yet undeniably summer, album. Holy drum beats, I could just eat it up like it's watermelon sprinkled with sea salt. Holger hails from Sao Paulo, Brazil although it's not the most obvious thing as they sing in english and it's not exactly like you want to dance the samba so much as jump up and down to this music. Although, my Brazilian friend who tirelessly tried to teach me to samba for a whole year might disagree. There are lots of drum beats and equal parts Latin, Caribbean, and African and straight up indie pop/rock influences. It's the kind of music that has as much a place playing in your car with the windows down, as it does at a bonfire beach party. Frankly, I'm a bit obsessed, and I don't know how I'm going to resist dancing to this while listening on my walk to work. Stream it on soundcloud or buy/stream on bandcamp.


Many thanks to Natalie and The Recommender for the find on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...