Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Small Helping of Songs...

Too many songs. So little time these days. All these songs deserve more words and praise than I can give them. I'm taking the lazy way out today and just giving you what I like. Oddly enough, these three songs fit together quite well. Enjoy

Woods - Sun & Shade
Website
Read a review & stream album on Everybody Taste
Take some time to dig into this one, it's fantastic and perfect for summer.

  Woods: "Pushing Onlys"

The Rosebuds - Loud Planes Fly Low
Website | Buy

I'm not quite sold on this album, I've only listened twice. It feels too 80s and it has some dull moments. But their song "Woods" has grit and life that the rest of the album lacks. There is the possibility that this is a great bedroom album (I mean literally listening to it while in bed), but I have yet to try that out.



Marissa Nadler - Marissa Nadler
Website | Bandcamp

This comes out next week but you can stream the album via NPR's First Listen. I've been fawning over this track for weeks though and the warmer it gets the more I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...