A Very Indie Xmas // Download ZIP
1. He's My Brother She's My Sister - Merry Christmas Everybody
2. Ohbijou - Last Christmas
3. Carnival Moon - Ring Christmas Bells
4. Dawes - Christmas Time is Here
5. A B & The Sea - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
6. Emmy the Great & Tim Wheeler - Home for the Holidays
7. Seryn - Go Tell it On The Mountain
8. Brown Feather Sparrow - Let Us Come Together
9. The Wilderness of Manitoba - Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
10. Zaac Pick - Silent Night
11. Over the Rhine - Darlin' (Christmas is Coming)
12. Scott Currie - Angels We Have Heard on High
13. Frontier Ruckus - Christmas Eve, Driving Home
14. The Ruffled Feathers - The Highest Mountain
15. Beta Radio - The Song the Season Brings
16. How To Swim - New Beginnings
19. DJ John - The Christmas Massacre of Charlie Brown
20. Paul Simon - Getting Ready for Christmas Day
Enjoy the list with eggnog or your holiday libation of choice. Mine is a Cranberry Smash made with Jameson and as my Christmas present to you, I wrote down the recipe because it's delicious and you should go make it right now. My sister, who doesn't even like whiskey, loves this drink. It's that good, plus you can make it as sweet or as sour as you like. Happy Holidays.
- 2.5 ounces Irish Whiskey
- .5 ounce Demerara* simple syrup
- half of a medium sized lemon
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- Cut lemon into small pieces. I usually make 4-5 circular slices and cut those in half.
- Muddle cranberries and lemon pieces in mixing glass. (Don't break the glass, that would suck. But make sure you actually smash the cranberries for literal and maximum flavor purposes.)
- Add whiskey and simple syrup to mixing glass.
- Add ice to mixing glass, cap with mixing tin, and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain into crushed-ice filled old fashioned glass.
- Garnish with whole cranberries.