Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Winter That Isn't Mix

I hope that in making this I jinx the mild 40 degree weather and we can finally get some snow. But for the time being, it looks like this is the winter global warming made. I like my seasons to be distinct, thank you very much. I've come to expect winter mixes to be sparse, pretty, and down tempo. As I made my own, I realized it was more in tune with my restless temperament and the current weather than that gorgeous silence a fresh snowfall brings. Hope you enjoy it, whatever the weather may be.

Download ZIP

1. Islands - This Is Not A Song
2. Cold Specks - Holland
3. Matt Pond PA - Amazing Life
4. Big Harp - Everybody Pays
5. Dead Man Winter - Nicotine
6. Yukon Blonde - Choices
7. Fort Frances - The Lowlands
8. Boca Chica - Snow Angels
9. World Atlas - The Winter Stories
10. The Gertrudes - Wind from the South
11. Hip Hatchet - Coward's luck
12. Boy Without God - The Snow Speaks
13. Blake Mills - Wintersong
14. Jenny O. - Won't Let You Leave (Spirit Animal Remix)
15. Coeur de Pirate - Wicked Games (Weeknd cover)
16. Kris Orlowski - Your Move
17. Mina Tindle - Bells
18. Benjamin Francis Leftwich - Snowship
19. Decibully - I Want
20. King Creosote & Jon Hopkins - Bats in the Attic
21. Anna Ternheim - Walking Aimlessly
22. of Montreal - Wintered Debts

1 comment:

  1. I'm completely with you on the seasons distinction, Jess. It was in the 50s, almost 60, a couple weeks ago in Pittsburgh. Not right. Good mix, glad Boca Chica made the list, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...