Monday, June 25, 2012

Pure Bathing Culture - Ivory Coast

Sometimes I want to start a slow clap for Father/Daughter records. They pull these bands out of seemingly thin air and release dynamite EPs on their label, Pure Bathing Culture being the latest and possibly even my favorite of all their releases. I know this song has been around the blogosphere more than a time or two but I'd be remiss if I didn't post about a song that had me completely hooked within the first ten seconds.

It's no coincidence that you've seen this on countless summer mixes because it's a summer love song of the utmost perfection, a total heart melter. This song makes you want to grab the hand of someone you love and walk down the beach, and not in a cheesy postcard way, but in a sincere declaration of love. This song is flowing summer dresses, forehead kisses, coy smiles, beds with fluffy white sheets, ceiling fans, and waves upon waves. 

1 comment:

  1. Digging this! The word must get out I will request these guys on Radioflag.com!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...