Friday, February 19, 2010

Jenny Owen Youngs - If I didn't know

This is an artists that I highly recommend checking out because she has so many great songs and is really talented. She is capable of fitting into many different genres from indie rock, folk rock, singer/songwriter, to pop...the list goes on, see for yourself. Jenny Owen Youngs had a new album out recently called, Transmitter Failure, which has a much different sound than her previous Batten the Hatches. For lack of a better word, it is less rough than her previous albums. I still like it a great deal but it is just different. I was hoping that my friend, Charly, would have something to say about her because she knows her music much better than I and has seen her in concert(please send me an email so I can include it!) . In the meantime Jenny Owen Youngs has a lot of good songs to choose from. From the new album I would suggest: Here is a heart,  Last Person, Transmitter Failure, and Start and Stop. From the old stuff I suggest my favorite, fuck was I, and the best ever depressing christmas song "Things we don't need anymore" is one of my favorites.  If I didn't know always gets stuck in my head for days and with the violins it reminds me of the band Stars.

(She is currently on tour and will be performing in Boston on 3/10 at Great Scott and with Bess Rogers and Allison Weiss, who are really awesome, check them out too!) 
 

1 comment:

  1. Surprisingly. . .there are hand claps in this song!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...