Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Solas - Coconut dog/Morning dew

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I hope everyone is enjoying their green beer and everything else fantastic that is associated with today. I am excited for my cabbage and beef and more irish music. I heard this band play the song "A Girl in the War" on an independent radio station this week and I recognized the lyrics but couldn't place the artist, it turned out to be the second time this month that I couldn't put my finger on a Josh Ritter song. What is happening to me? Solas does an amazingly beautiful cover of his song, and I can't stop listening to it. But along the St. Patrick's day theme they do have lots of celtic songs and they are a well established Celtic band that has been playing for over a decade. Their newest album, released a month ago, is really great and you can listen to lots of it on their myspace page, including the Josh Ritter cover. Also check out their band website http://www.solasmusic.com/ . For a great view of some seriously skilled musicians playing a really fun song watch this video!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...