Monday, May 10, 2010

The Ultimate Trifecta of Social Media Songs

Today I was supposed to be insanely productive and do 1,000 things. Then I took adderall and it's almost noon, I have accomplished zilch despite being awake at 6 am, FML.  So let's hate on facebook, myspace, and twitter, the best time wasters and portholes for oversharing the details of our mundane lives with complete strangers and "friends".

However, that is not where I have been wasting my time, but I have been wanting to post this trifecta of songs for some time now. Instead of doing anything useful, I went to go see a raw milk rally and got to pet a cow that was being milked in the Boston Common because random stuff like that amuses me to no end. Protect our right to drink raw milk, yeah! Suck it Louis Pasteur! Speaking of protests, adderall should be outlawed, it makes me a raving lunatic, who randomly falls in with farmers fighting to have raw milk legally sold in Massachusetts. I love my life.

Ok....awesome songs that make fun of the evils of facebook, myspace, and twitter. 

Molly Lewis - MyHope (a cool boston chick with her ukulele, check out her bandcamp page here to listen to her full album)

Kate Miller-Heidke - Are you F***ing kidding me? (another awesome Aussie artist about to blow up on the music scene. She is touring with Ben Folds right now.) Check out her myspace and her kick-ass set of pipes.



Ben Walker - You're No One if You're Not on Twitter (download his whole album for free on his bandcamp page)

1 comment:

  1. TEAM KATE !!!!!!!

    I am rooting for this chick 100%

    http://littlewingmarketing.com/kmh/uploads/Politics-In-Space.mp3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...