Friday, July 16, 2010

Thank God for the Weekend

Yesterday I let TheSixtyOne (a funkier Pandora of sorts) play all day long and I came across some interesting artists. Some of these songs are a little older circa 2008ish but it was still new to me.

MP3: AudioDax - All the Koalas
They happen to agree with me, thank god for the weekend. This is a Sam Adams, Asher Roth type of song, but who cares, it's almost the freakin weekend, imma bout to have me some fun! AudioDax Website

MP3: Horatio Lee Jenkins - Drunker Than Satan
This is a country tune about being able to drink the devil under the table. "So now I'm drunker than Satan/with all of his violence and hatin'/you'd think he could out drink a good old boy like me" Don't knock it before you try it. It's rather funny. Horatio Lee Jenkins Website.

MP3: SoKo - I'll Kill Her
This song is like a Kate Nash with a french accent making this song totally irresistible. Especially since she is bitter and frank. Definitely check out her website, I am liking her a lot. SoKo Website.

MP3: Geographer - Can't You Wait
This song kind of reminds me of the Shout Out Louds and the guy is making waves in San Franscisco and should be an interesting one to keep your eye on. Geographer Website.

Lastly, you can download the "Sweet Summer Cudder" with Rostam Batmanglij of Vampire Weekend and Best Coast's Bethany Cosentino for free by clicking here (via the Converse site) and watch this silly yet amusing video here. A great song to put on your summer playlist! Happy weekend wishes to all! 

1 comment:

  1. Horatio Lee Jenkins is all kinds of awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...