Friday, November 12, 2010

Boy & Bear

Myspace

I was going through my archives and realized that in 4 days it will be this lil' small fry bloggy-poo's first birthday. (Yes, that is my pet name for the blog). I only realized this because I was looking up an old post from last year on my favorite song by the Australian band, Passenger. This is my roundabout way to tell you that in the process I stumbled across the song, "Shape of Love" hiding out in my itunes library. But I am now officially obsessed with the other Australian band, Boy & Bear, and I have been playing their few songs on repeat. They are already a pretty big deal in their homeland after touring with Mumford & Sons and Laura Marling, impressive for a debuting band. Unfortunately, their debut EP is not available to those of us stateside until December 8th, but I can tell you that it is one I will definitely be purchasing.

Their music is instantly attractive, much like Mumford & Sons and Local Natives were the first time I heard them. It has that right mix of indie, rock, and a mysterious dark side that makes me want to play their songs over and over. There is not really much for me to say here, because this is music that absolutely speaks for itself. You'll see what I mean. "Because the shape of love is the only shape that fits my heart. "

1 comment:

  1. Boy + bear = best zoological combo ever. No surprise this is a really good song.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...