Saturday, January 8, 2011

Weekly Buzz in Review

Lykke Li's latest single release "I Follow Rivers" is all over soundcloud including some remixes and I love it. I'm buying my tickets to her show in May today, they are selling out fast. Huge shoutout to Sheena Beaston for these tracks.

Lykke Li - I Follow Rivers (The Magician Remix) by sheenabeaston
Lykke Li - I Follow Rivers by sheenabeaston




Then there is Star Slinger who put up a bunch of tracks recently, including one 27 minute long one of the best tracks of 2010 according to the hype machine. Go check it out. 




Kurt Vile a  philly psych-folk rocker is giving us yet another taste of his highly anticipated (at least by me) upcoming album Smoke Ring For My Halo, due out March 8th. His tour dates will be announced later next week. You can pre-order his album for a discounted price here. Here are the two tracks that will be on his new album.





Akron/Family has a new song "So it Goes" also from their upcoming release. This americana laced experimental rock band always keeps things interesting, you never know what to expect from their songs. They will be extensively touring starting in February. I've heard their shows are fantastic and exciting, I can't wait to go. 






Seems like a pretty decent week. I'm excited for the new music to start pouring in. And I'm very happy to not even have to mention Kanye anymore. Happy listening this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...