Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pickwick - Turn the Light Out (Concours d'Elegance cover)



I hope that if I write enough about Pickwick, they'll come to Boston. Also, I love them and have neither a problem nor a hesitation when it comes to writing about songs they release. Earlier this week they released a split release with another Seattle band, electro-pop group Concours d'Elegance, where they cover each other's songs. It's fun, danceable, and I love how they interpreted each other's songs. Pickwick is a band you need to know about, so definitely check out the rest of their stuff on bandcamp. They've been playing lots of shows in Seattle, so if you're in the area I suggest you go with your dancing shoes on.



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for promoting this band. Because of your site, I have found countless artists and music, but at the current moment, this one seems to hiding in the shadows when it needs to be pushed into the spotlight. Very talented. I cannot believe that they aren't more popular than this. More people need to jump aboard and help move this group along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the kind words and so happy to hear you like Pickwick. I have a feeling their bandwagon of fans is about to grow very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool write up. Have played Pickwick a lot on my show and people always like it! cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment Saturday. Nice to hear from you too, I just checked out the interview you did with Pickwick when they tweeted about it the other day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...